OGMA – Indústria Aeronáutica de Portugal S.A. is a specialist aviation company with a long and distinguished history. Since 1918 aircraft and engines have been produced and maintained at our facilities in Alverca.
A new era in the company’s history started in 2003, when the government of Portugal took a decision to privatize the company almost in its entirely.
At that time, a major drive was initiated to make the company efficient on a world scale, to expand into even more markets than those already explored. In three years the turnover was doubled and this led, in 2005, to the present position with the government of Portugal retaining 35% of the shares and private ownership, with EMBRAER owning the remaining 65% of the company share capital.
OGMA is a fully qualified company in both civil and military aviation, with certification as a FAR 145 and EASA 145 repair station, AQAP 2110 and ISO 9001-2008 Quality Management. The company is an established and authorized maintenance center for several Original Equipment Manufacturers, including Lockheed Martin, Embraer, Rolls-Royce among others.
With solid roots in the past, OGMA drives to project itself into the future, through its specialized products and services and the satisfaction of its customers.